What does your face say about you? Phrenology, physiognomy and society
This week we're joined by Dr Courtney Thompson to discuss the history of phrenology and physiognomy and their relationship to modern technologies and culture.
- Find more of Dr Thompson's work and her book 'An Organ of Murder: Crime, Violence, and Phrenology in Nineteenth-Century America'
- Or you can find her on twitter
- You can see the 'Good and Bad heads' picture in her article 'Rediscovering “Good” and “Bad” Heads in the Phrenological Present'
- Find out more about Physogs and Photofit in Courtney's article in Endeavour
- You can listen to our podcast on Facial Recognition
- And you can support us
You can listen and subscribe to the podcast where ever you normally find your podcasts: