Twitter - Good practices
Staying on top of your settings is important to protect your privacy, but the way you interact with Twitter can also expose a lot about you. In this guide we present some simple practices to keep in mind when you are using the app.
- If you protect your tweets, don't accept follow requests from unknown people.
- Let people know that you don't want your picture posted without your consent.
- Don’t post photos of other people without their consent.
- Don’t post sensitive information in your photos or captions.
- Don’t reveal your location/make sure the location is not revealed by background details.
- Don’t use hashtags that may reveal private data (or the location).
- Be wary when posting photos of children on social media.
- If you log into your Twitter account from other devices (public / shared), make sure you log out every time.
- Take some time every now and then to review your settings, and be wary when granting access to third-party apps.